4.18.2011

to each his own

Sometimes I get caught up in "mom mode" and forget to appreciate the awesomeness of watching these little people do things their way.

On Saturday morning, instead of getting annoyed that Declan decided to separate out the cheerios from his milk, I decided to snap a picture.

I love that he is becoming his own creative, free-thinking little man. I don't want him to follow the crowd or do everything his friends are doing. I want him to be an individual. I love that instead of seeing a table, he sees a stage. Instead of a couch, he sees a bungee jumping platform. Instead of a rolling pin, he sees a sword. I love that when strangers say hi to him in the grocery store, he roars like a dinosaur.

He is a daily reminder not to take life or myself too seriously! LOVE that kid!

1 comment: