5.20.2011

Oh happy day!


Last week while I was playing "single mom", I decided my house was in need of professional help. With four kids, three dogs and two former slobs-turned-parents, our house is always a wreck. Even on a good day (i.e. we're about to have visitors) there are piles of laundry shoved in closets and don't even get me started on the bathrooms!

So, after two days of cleaning and straightening, our house was clean enough to be cleaned by a team of professionals. The woman at the cleaning service said that based on the size of my house, it would take about two hours, maybe less for a team of four people.

I don't know if I've ever been so excited! Like first kiss/new shoes/finding a hundred dollar bill-giddy! It took them a whopping four and a half hours and cost over $400, but it was totally worth every penny! Best part, we have maintained it for the last 8 days! It's so much less over-whelming to try to maintain a clean house than try to deep clean a dirty one!

Also, changed some things around in the house while Jay was gone. Some new bedding here, some new curtains there. I figure, he can't get mad if he comes home and loves the final product, right?

I'll post pictures soon of my updates!

1 comment:

  1. I said it before and I will say it here. The BEST use of money EVER, worth sacrificing many other things for.

    ReplyDelete