8.16.2011

The only problem...

with trying to write a blog about life with four kids is that life with four kids makes it hard to write a blog. So here I am, over a month since my last post. I don't even know where to start. We took all the kids to Mexico. Our trip was kind of like childbirth. I'm glad I did it, but I'm glad it's over. Then we celebrated our sweet Finlay's first birthday. So bittersweet! Every day I find myself torn between being excited for her and all of her new milestones and being sad that it means the end of her being a baby. Jay and I also got to take a little trip sans kiddos. Jay had to go to Vegas last week for work and I was able to join him for a few nights. The kids were split evenly between grandparents and a good time was had by all. Now we are in the midst of back-to-school chaos and Ava's 7th birthday which has inexplicably become 5 days away.

To fully recap the last 38 days (since I last blogged), here is a photo summary:


Finlay's 1st plane ride


Emerson's 1st plane ride

trying to entertain Declan on the plane (i.e. stuff with snacks)


Towel Art

Dec took up ping pong


But found it exhausting


Big fans of Zacharitas (Mexican Frosted Flakes)

funny faces


1st Shirley Temple

1st taco


Emerson being serenaded

tan baby

this picture made the whole trip worth it


so well-behaved on the flight home


1st swing ride

the most serious anyone has ever looked on a swing

that's more like it

finlay and feet

"all the sprinkel babies"

standing up

still just 2 teeth

last picky sticky picture

dessert table at the party (minus the 2 pink lemonade mini bundt cakes that Declan swiped)

party food

1st bow

yes, we match. no, it was not planned.

1st cupcake

1st time I've been anywhere that required a hand stamp in 8 years

Vegas room dance party

Don't judge. We don't get out much!

1 comment:

  1. baaaaahahahaha! i don't even know where to start... from the amazing candids... to the swings...to "alll the sprinkel babies!"... to the hand stamping & room dance partying... i love you all so much! mmmwa!

    ReplyDelete