1.08.2011

new year, new me?

Like everyone else, I made a few New Year's resolutions: lose the rest of my baby weight, exercise more, keep my house clean, drink more water, spend less money, blah, blah, blah. I was doing really well too! I have only been to the Target two days this year. I have only been to the Starbucks once. I've replaced my usual Diet Pepsi and Red Bull intake with water. I've been trying to eat really healthy too. I made a really healthy salad for dinner while the kids ate piles of yummy-looking mac-n-cheese. I sipped on my water while they ate their buttery popcorn during the movie tonight. After I put everyone to bed, I sat down with my computer to get ideas for Declan's upcoming birthday party when I spied out of the corner of my eye a shiny gold box in the corner under the Christmas tree. It is a box of Godiva chocolates. It has been sitting in the same spot, untouched, for seven days now. But tonight, it seemed especially tempting. So, when Emerson came down to tell me that she wanted a little snack, I cracked. I told her to run and grab the box. We tore open the cellophane wrapper and her eyes widened at the sight of the giant box of chocolates in various sizes, shapes, and colors. Emerson ran upstairs to get Ava, wildly shouting random words like "Mom", "candy", "us", "eat", and "hurry". Then the three of us sat around this lovely foil covered box and took turns picking up chocolates. We tried to guess what was inside. Ava was sure one had mushrooms inside. Luckily, she was wrong and it was chocolate ganache. I'm pretty sure we all have belly aches now and I really have no desire to even look at anything chocolate again, but we had fun. Here's a look at the damages:


No comments:

Post a Comment