11.04.2010

day four...

I thought I should provide proof that I did indeed get my bed made today. So there it is! While I was up there I also got 4 loads of laundry folded and put away and I put the finishing touches on my sitting room-turned dressing room. This room off of our master bedroom has been a number of things since we moved in, mostly because we weren't exactly sure what to do with it. It's been an office, a sitting room, and a make-shift nursery. Now, it is a dressing room and it might be my new favorite space in the house. My husband got me the parsons vanity table from West Elm for our anniversary last month and that kind of set the room in motion. We bought a big floor length mirror from IKEA for the corner for $99. The little black dresser I found at an antique store for $45. The two long shelves are from IKEA and the set of three small shelves are from Target. The upholstered chair I randomly stumbled upon at Pier 1, along with the fluffy floor pouf. The charcoal and teal floor cushions and the gray two tier table are from Urban Outfitters. The various hooks and jewelry holders around the room are from Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters.It was fun to decorate a space in the house that I didn't have to worry about being too girly. I think my favorite part is the floor cushions. I remember as a kid, always wanting to watch my mom put on her makeup and so I really wanted a place the kids could lay around and hang out while I got ready. I also love having all my jewelry out where I can see it. I think it's going to help inspire me not to leave the house in my yoga pants.

Here are some pictures:





1 comment:

  1. Love it. I have been loving urban outfitters for stuff lately.

    ReplyDelete