11.23.2010

a little shoutout!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

This goes out to the woman this morning at the Michael's. When Declan and Emerson were fighting (loudly and with brute force) over a plastic car and I am waiting to check out, rocking Finlay in my arms, holding back tears, while she screams uncontrollably at the top of her lungs, this woman gets out of line, comes over and says, "here you go next". A new register had just opened and although they called, "next person in line" and I was probably the 12th in line, she took my double stroller and pushed it over to the register and said, "don't worry, I remember those days". And that was all! In a store full of people exchanging dirty glances and telling me that I really had my hands full (which, by the way, is not helpful in the least!), this woman saved me. I looked for her in the parking lot after I had gotten everyone in the car and Finlay's crying had subsided, to thank her, but she was gone. I promised myself as I sat in my car, sobbing, that the next time I saw a mother who "had her hands full", I wasn't just going to stand there, I would help. So thank you lady in the Michael's, whoever you are!

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey, I love you so much! I am thankful that you had your own personal guardian angel show up today!!

    ReplyDelete